BLS Healthcare Provider CPR
Public CPR courses are tentatively scheduled to resume August 1, 2020. We are doing everything we can to stay informed on what the best practices are for re-opening our public meeting rooms in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The following are updated guidelines for attending one of our public CPR courses. Our priority is to keep the community safe. Thank you in advance for your understanding and compliance.
· Please stay home if you are feeling ill (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, etc.)
· Please wear a face covering that covers your mouth and nose while you are on the premises
· Student to manikin ratio are to be restricted to 1:1, and students will need to be spaced out at least six feet
· Class sizes will be reduced to follow recommendations set forth by governing organizations
In this class you will learn:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of team dynamics in multi-rescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multi-rescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
Who would benefit from this course?
– Doctors’ offices
3845 E. Golder Ranch Dr. Tucson, AZ 85739
Course Times: 09:00 – 1:00pm
Golder Ranch Fire District Residents/Northwest Fire District Residents- Free
Nonresident- $55 (cost of the book is included)
All class fees and scheduling must be paid by the Monday prior to the class date via online square account, cash, check, or credit card at the GRFD Training Site, located at 3845 E. Golder Ranch Dr. Tucson, 85739.
Upon submission of this form, you will be registered to attend the selected course. If there are any issues with the course that you have selected, you will be notified.
All dates and fees are subject to change. Class participant maximums will apply and we cannot guarantee all requests will be fulfilled per your selection. You will be contacted if we are unable to accommodate your requests.
** Above course descriptions were taken from the AHA website **