Golder Ranch Fire District is governed by a five-person, non-partisan board that is elected by registered voters of the District. Board members are elected for alternating four-year terms. As a result, there are at least two members elected every two-years.
The current Fire Board is comprised of Vicki Cox-Golder (Chairperson), Steve Brady (Vice-Chairperson), David Dahl (Clerk of the Board), Richard Hudgins (Board Member), and Mark Clark (Board Member).
The Fire Board is charged with diverse responsibilities. Specifically, the Board establishes policy, sets tax rates, approves annual budgets, and hires the Fire Chief. The Fire Board also maintains sole authority to set policy and approval of annexations.
Golder Ranch Fire District is considered a special district of the State and complies with all applicable areas of the Arizona Revised Statutes. For example, Golder Ranch Fire District holds a public meeting on the second Tuesday of every month at the administrative office. This meeting is mandated by the state through the Open Meeting Law. We encourage residents to attend these monthly meetings. Open Meeting Laws Training Materials for Board Members
In accordance with state law, notice for all special district public meetings, as well as agendas, must be posted at least 24-hours in advance of the meeting. Public notices for the Golder Ranch Fire District (GRFD) are posted at Fire Station 373 – 63735 E SaddleBrooke Blvd, Fire Station 377 – 355 E Linda Vista, as well as on the announcements board in the main Administration lobby, located at 3885 E. Golder Ranch Dr.
Public meeting notices are also posted on GRFD’s website. Please be advised that only the Golder Ranch Fire District station and administration bulletin boards may be relied on for official postings under the Arizona Open Meeting Law. A technological problem or failure that either prevents the posting of public notices on a website or that temporarily or permanently prevents the use of all or part of the website does not preclude the holding of the meeting for which the notice was posted, if the public body complies with all other public notice requirements.
Agendas and Minutes
Board agendas and minutes will be posted on the website for three (3) months. Only Board approved minutes will be posted. If you require older documentation, please contact Golder Ranch Fire District administration at 825-9001.
- 6/15/17 Public Notice – Public Information Meeting for Proposed Fire District Consolidation
- 6/13/17 Regular Session Agenda | Minutes
- 6/8/17 Public Notice – Public Information Meeting for Proposed Fire District Consolidation
- 5/18/17 Special Session Agenda | Minutes
- 5/9/17 Regular Session Agenda | Minutes
- 5/9/17 Budget Study Session Agenda | Minutes
- 5/4/17 Public Notice – Golder Ranch Fire District’s Academy Graduation Ceremony
- 4/25/17 Regular Session Agenda| Minutes
- 4/25/17 Budget Study Session Agenda | Minutes
- 4/17/17 Public Notice – Golder Ranch Firefighter Jose Samaniego’s Funeral Services
- 4/11/17 Regular Session - RESCHEDULED to 4/25/17 @ 10:00 a.m.
- 3/30/17 Public Notice – GRFD Employee Recognition Event
- 3/14/17 Regular Session Agenda | Minutes
- 2/28/17 Public Notice – GRFD Fire and Life Safety Open House
- 2/28/17 Public Notice – GRFD Fire and Life Safety Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- 2/16/17 Public Notice – GRFD Recognition and 40th Anniversary Luncheon
- 2/14/17 Regular Session Agenda | Minutes
- 1/10/17 Regular Session Agenda (Amended 1/6/17 at 9:30 a.m.) | Minutes
- 12/13/16 Regular Session Agenda | Minutes
To send a message to the Board or ask a question, click here, or email one of the members below.
- Fire Board Chair Vicki Cox-Golder
- Fire Board Vice Chair Steve Brady
- Fire Board Clerk David Dahl
- Fire Board Member Mark Clark
- Fire Board Member Richard Hudgins